Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whiplash

On the final snowboarding run I went on this past Saturday, the weather was foggy and raining heavily. Visibility while boarding was close to zero. After a day of snowboarding/skiing, Eric, Larry, Qian, Ting, Dave, and I decided to brave the conditions for our final run. On the way down the mountain I wasn't leaning enough on my toe edge and my board caught the snow/ice sending me falling backwards down the mountain. I slam my head on the trail -- my hat goes flying -- my bandana comes halfway off my head. My initial thought: "Did I lose consciousness at any point?" Nope. Second thought: "I'm going to have some terrible whiplash tomorrow." A few hours later I couldn't lean my head in any direction without immense pain in my neck.

I went to the doctor/acupuncturist/chiropractor today to get therapy on my foot. 12 needles and a painful foot rub -- a typical day, but I didn't get the electrodes hooked up to the needles today. As far as I know, I can use my foot again with no limitations. It'll just hurt some for now. I then had my neck checked out. Treatment for my neck today consisted of 22 needles in the back of my neck, shoulders, triceps, and upper back followed by a ridiculously painful rubdown of my neck and shoulders. Diagnosis: extremely severe neck spasms. There is also a big bump on the back of my head that I'm getting checked out because my doctor was worried it could be something serious. Looks like I'll be heading back to the doctor again tonight.

On the way home I picked up some spicy tuna riceballs, which I used to get from this Japanese/French bakery when I lived in Boston, from the new riceball store on 45th Street. All the workers speak English and Japanese to you. I will start getting food from there more frequently. The riceballs were freshly made and still warm when I got home.

While I was walking down 46th Street I saw two guys sitting on the rotating circular platform eating lunch. I had the urge to go up to them and start spinning the platform as fast as I could.

This latest injury is very disheartening because I was finally getting better from my latest stupid injury before that, and now I'm hurt again. I feel like something is always wrong and it prevents me from progressing to where I want to be. I can't even lift my head up when I'm lying on my back without using my hands to pull it up. I should probably lie down and not move for the next few days. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home