Thursday, January 19, 2006

Quick recap of last night:

  • Roger and Derek bailed. Cleo didn't come. Only one of Jill's friends showed up. Yet the intergrity of the group was maintained as Laura surprised us all with her appearance and brought her roommate, Su, along. Looks like the Red Foxes are once again trying to steal the show.
  • Karaoke Linda is still MIA, but Karaoke Kate filled in for her quite competently.
  • I sang "Because of You" by 98 Degrees as a tribute to the time we sang it for karaoke at Seto's house. Brian sang backup. My voice was shot after whatever the heck I had to drink (a gin and tonic and two rum and cokes). I dedicated the song to Tim because Jill had dedicated her last song to me.
  • The bathroom smelled like PEZ. Yummy.
  • I dropped a pencil in the bathroom that I had over my ear and didn't bother picking it up.
  • Becca gave us her "card" (an index card on which she wrote her name and the other locations and hours where she worked) on our way out.
  • We headed across the street to Turtle Bay where the Bud Drafts were a dollar.
  • Laura and I decided that Su and Laura is the female version of me and Will.
  • Wilson rose from the dead and made an appearance.
  • Dancing and hilarity (picture-taking) ensued.
  • I found a dollar at the foot of one of the tables we were sitting at. Jill and I then proceeded to trade lap dances and pass the dollar back and forth between us. I ended up with the dollar.
  • Brian, Laura, and Su crossed 2nd Ave. and headed East minutes before the stroke of midnight when Su turned 22. Happy Birthday Su.
  • Jose and I headed back to my place to use the bathroom. Jose then left for the train station.
  • I ate some Entenmann's All Butter Pound Loaf. I had more trouble cutting it than I should have.
  • I was on my laptop when Jose called telling me he forgot his backpack in my apartment. He would be downstairs in 7 minutes where I was supposed to meet him to return his bag to him.
  • 1 minute later: I fall asleep.
  • 6 minutes later: Jose calls me. He is in the lobby. I return his bag to him and come back upstairs where I chat until I fall asleep with my laptop on top of me.

And so ended a memorable evening. My thanks to all those who made it possible: the academy, my family, all the little people, and of course God...and I guess Satan too for letting Wilson come back to us.

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Good times! Speaking of Satan...check out this pic of Jose!
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=546376351&photoID=2103949340084609052&security=ZoGWKq

 

Post a Comment

<< Home