Wednesday, January 25, 2006

From my daily perusings of craigslist...

*UPDATE* Rescued a cat, mocks my existence, please take her...

Reply to: sale-128271044@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-01-25, 1:25AM EST

I moved into an apartment in May, the previous tenant abandoned their cat here. The owner of the house the apartment is in was taking care of the cat as an outdoor cat. This winter I took her in because I didn't expect her to survive. Had her checked out and cleaned up. Cost me nearly $400!!!

Anyway, I have been taking good care of her since early December. The problem is that she mocks my existence. She doesn't care one way or the other about me, just so long as she has food, water, and a clean litter box. She's not a bad cat, just indifferent to people. Additionally, it turns out my girlfriend is highly allergic. So, not only do I have a houseguest that tolerates ME, but now my girlfriend can't even come over. While sometimes that's a good thing, most times, it's inconvenient.

I will give you all her paperwork that I have, 3 monthly doses of FrontLine, all the food that I bought her, the litter box, her brush, and all her toys. I just want my life back, and this cat needs a good home that she can mock you in. The vet that checked her out said she's in perfect shape for an older cat.

ALL offers welcome, I might even pay you to take her at this point. I can even drop her off as long as it's not too far. Please please please take this cat before I have to drop her off at a shelter.

Oh yeah, her name used to be Muffin, I renamed her Stoner... see pics.

*UPDATE*

Bought her a catnip toy, she's more... hrm, "cat-like". Also switched from 9-lives to Friskies, and she's happier now it seems, so... that's RIGHT, more toys and more FREE food. I also added a picture of her sleeping with the new toy. Don't you want her, don't you want to take her and let her ignore you too? You know you do.

I received many emails, that's great! None of them went anywhere though. If you want her, please email me with what kind of home you're going to provide for her. A few people wanted her for pest problems. That's not going to happen. Several people refused to tell me what sort of home they would provide for her, no problem as long as you realize you're not getting her. I'm not going to give her to someone that will abuse her, or treat her like a tool, rather then a pet.

this is in or around Farmingdale
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/zip/128271044.html

This is the funniest craigslist posting I've ever seen. It rivals Brian's posting of the cat formerly known as Wendy (now Senator Wendy Whiskers) and the guy making a superhero gang called the Heroic Destiny Squad (http://www.heroicdestinysquad.com/index.html) who was looking for a sidekick, which were also noteworthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home